How can we help?
Refund procedures due to COVID-19We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and will continue to provide information and assistance to travel advisors as we receive information from airlines. We understand the considerable business challenges you are facing and are working hard to help. We have teams working around the clock responding to customers and processing refunds.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please see our “Resources” section at the bottom of this page.
We thank you in advance for your patience and ask that you first check the airline website for the latest information regarding cancelled flights and refund policies. Rules are changing almost daily and in most cases the airline websites are the best place to find the most accurate and updated information.
Please keep in mind:
- Airlines’ guidance and policies are changing daily, sometimes hourly
- For non-impacted routes, the same fare rules may apply and waivers may not be granted by the airlines
- More restrictive fare rules may be applied by airlines to consolidator fares
We are currently experiencing high contact volumes. As the situation is still evolving, airlines and other travel partners are continually reviewing their policies. If your customers are not due to travel within the next two months, we recommend that you wait before contacting us to ensure we have the latest policy information for your travelers.
You will find useful information below to help guide your next steps:
- If you have a booking with Skybird travel, and the airline has issued a waiver policy then please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “REFUND DUE TO CORONAVIRUS DEP DATE MM/DD/YEAR – PNR.” Please remember to include the record locator in your email which will help us to find your booking.
- We will respond with the amount which will be credited to the original form of payment used at the time of booking. Please be patient as we have received many refund requests to date and are processing them continuously.
- Once the refund amount is calculated we will email you the total refund which will also include the markup or commission you added.
- The markups or commissions must be returned to us by check/credit card before we process the refund.
- There will be a service fee of $25 for refunds/reissues. The service fee will be charged at the time of processing the refunds/reissues.
- Alternatively, to expedite the refund, send a scan of a check (back and front) payable to Sky Bird to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the recalled commission and refund fee, PNR, and agency name printed on the back of the check. This will be the quickest way to get the refund initiated.
- In absence of the waiver policy from the airline, normal fare rules will apply. If you still wish to cancel without a waiver, please email to email@example.com with the subject “CANCELLATION DUE TO CORONAVIRUS”.
- Please note by submitting a cancellation request you give Skybird travel all the rights to cancel the booking. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.
- Please note refunds might take a longer time than usual due to the current circumstances.
View our refund policies, airline fees, and flight change information surrounding COVID-19
March 23,2020. Sky Bird Offices Remote
March 9, 2020. COVID-19
Stay up-to-date on the latest Coronavirus information.
CDC Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
World Health Organization Travel Advice
COVID-19 Country Specific Information
Government of Canada Travel & Tourism Section
Embassy of Canada
U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
Embassy of India
Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada
Philippines Department Of Tourism
IATA- Countries Travel Restrictions
See what airlines are doing to keep you traveling safe.
Air Canada | Introducing Air Canada CleanCare+
American Airlines | Caring for you is our priority
Delta Airlines | Delta CareStandard | Ways Delta Is Supporting Healthy Flying
Singapore Airlines | Precautionary measures to safeguard your well-being
Turkish Airlines | Disinfection of Our Aircraft | HEPA Filter
United Airlines | United CleanPlus